Re: Jaws and Microsoft Publisher

Ted,

        One could copy and paste text from any other application to Publisher, and I could get JAWS to read me the text in a given box once I got the text box not selected as an object but with myself placed within it.

         That being said, and at the risk of causing a war [and not by intention, I am willing to be educated], the entire focus of Publisher revolves around the physical visual layout of content.  It's whole reason for being is as a visual design tool.  It's not that I don't think that someone who's blind is incapable of writing copy, discussing what may be wanted as far as layout, etc., but the actual laying out of all the elements that Publisher was meant to be laying out is truly a visual task at its core.  If someone can explain how this could be done (and I'm not talking about filling in a template) by someone who cannot see the result of what they're actually doing, even if they can imagine precisely what they'd like, I'd love to hear it.   This is a case where it seems like the nature of the task itself is primarily visual.

          I've done more work with Publisher than I care to recount and, in fact, used it this afternoon to make labels to create a "nearly invisible" correction to the phone number on my business cards, which has changed since they were printed.
--
Brian