Re: Getting rid of MS Edge as the default open app

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 11:01 am, Randy Barnett wrote:
Unfortunately windows will open certain links in Edge no matter what you have set your default preferences too... MS will also change your default search engine to bing without your permission or notification...

Windows 10 only uses Bing as the default search engine in MS-Edge, and this can be changed, but will revert to Bing for any searches executed via Cortana as opposed to using the Edge app itself, which will use the search engine you've set.

Windows 10 will only open links that are the result of a web search done via Cortana in MS-Edge.  Other links, such as those you have in e-mail messages, on web pages, etc., will open in whatever browser you have selected as your default web browsing app.  I have tested this less than 4 hours ago with the Windows 10 Mail app and links received in messages.  These all open in Firefox, which I have set as my default browser.

I am running Version 1703, Build 15063.296, under Win10 Home, 64-bit.
--
Brian