Re: Jaws and Microsoft Publisher

Shane,

          It would be helpful to know what version of JAWS and MS-Publisher you're trying to use together, as this could make a difference.

          In my 10-second testing with Publisher 2010 and JAWS 18 I would say that it is not accessible using JAWS in any meaningful sense of the word accessible.  When I'm tabbing through objects all I get announced is "Tab" with no subsequent announcement of what object is actually selected.  If I select a text box via mouse JAWS will endlessly repeat the first character typed in that text box until I kill speech.

           None of the above may be true if you're using a later version of Publisher or, less likely, a different version of JAWS but I have no way to test that out.  NVDA and Window-Eyes are slightly different, but no better.  I certainly would not be able to make heads nor tails out of what I was doing in Publisher 2010 using any of the previously mentioned screen readers.
--
Brian