Re: Jaws, windows & MS Word combination

I agree with Bill, might as well get with the program and learn Windows 10 which really is not a big learning curve in my opinion from Windows 7. Yes, you need at least Jaws 16 upgraded to the latest version, but once again, eventually you do have to upgrade and maintaining a Jaws home software maintenance agreement for $100 or $120 every two years in my opinion is not that big of a burdon, most people spend more than that on coffee in a couple months.
I have Windows 10 Creator's update running on a 5-year old laptop and also on a more or less brandnew fairly high-end laptop and don't experience any of the frequent crashing issues you mention, Randy, in fact, currently I experience more problems on two of my Windows 7 computers at work which goes to show that whether one has issues or not depends hugely on each individual situation and installation. Overall I would say Windows 10 is faster and more stabil than Windows 7 any day.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Sunday, May 7, 2017 10:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws, windows & MS Word combination

Yes, and hopefully in 3yres, win 10 accessibility will improve and Jaws will be more stable. I have frequent pauses and crashes right now on two different machines.
Office 2013 runs better on my win 7 machine with Jaws 18 than it does on win 10. I have win 7 on my business machine and win 10 on two other machines...
On 5/7/2017 10:02 AM, Bill White wrote:
Only problem is that in three years, Windows 7 will no longer be supported.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Randy Barnett
Sent: Sunday, May 7, 2017 9:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws, windows & MS Word combination

If this is for work I would stick with win 7. The learning curve and added expense of jaws 18 aren't worth the pain you will go through with win 10.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.