From: Marquette, Ed [mailto:ed.marquette@kutakrock.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 7, 2017 10:24 AM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws, windows & MS Word combination

I would be reluctant to try JAWS 15 with Windows 10. FS claimed
substantial changes were made in JAWS 16 to make it work with Windows 10.
JAWS 18 has its problems, but JAWS 18 did, for the most part, fix the
screw-ups in track change recognition in JAWS 16 and 17.
It isn't completely fixed yet, but at least one can tell when something
has been deleted and something has been added to the main body of text.
In JAWS 16 and 17, that was broken, with JAWS mislabeling text.
Track changes still doesn't work in footnotes, but there is still a huge
improvement.
Except for track change recognition, I see no reason to progress past
JAWS 17. You should be just fine with Word 2010. In fact, I would skip
past Word 2013, which is a kind of kluge.