From: George Gray [mailto:blindtraveler2@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, Apr 23, 2017 1:10 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Continued Jaws Crashing

If I may jump in here and say that since I took the latest JAWS
upgrade along with this new/great W10 upgrade Creators Edition(LOL)
JAWS has stopped and sent itself quite a few Error Reports, which it
has not done for years and I am not doing anything different than I
did prior to these recent upgrades.

And, why, oh, why did JAWS dis-continue the only real good thing
they've done for many an upgrade and take away the sound ducking
feature.

Go figure, eh?

On 4/23/17, Tom Behler <tombehler@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

It seems that I have narrowed the Jaws crashing issue on my current Windows
7 computer down to the following sequence of events.

Jaws seems to crash when I exit Microsoft Word while Outlook is also open.
Once this happens, Jaws will stop speaking, and I can't re-activate Jaws
either via the usual Alt Control J shortcut, or the Windows R command.

The only way I can re-start Jaws is to do a hard shut-down of the computer.

My sighted wife says Jaws looks like it is still up on the screen, but she
can't do anything to re-activate it either, short of manually shutting down
the computer.

Does anyone have a sequence of steps to get out of this issue?

Does anyone know if FS is aware of the problem??

I did not have this problem prior to updateing to Jaws 18.

To clarify, I'm using Office 365 here, with Word 2016 and Outlook 2016.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan