Re: JAWS 18 and Calculator

Soronel Haetir

Just because it is a windows store app does not mean that you have to
purchase it (or even download it). That simply means that it is
written to use a particular set of the .net framework that is portable
between regular computers, phones tablets etc.

On 4/22/17, Marquette, Ed <ed.marquette@kutakrock.com> wrote:
That's handy. I know when I just do a search for calculator, unlike
Wordpad, which was immediately available, my install of Windows 10 sent me
to some app store, and I certainly was not going to buy something that has
been free with windows for well over a decade.
When someone at Tech Support clicked on something she called a "Windows
Box," the calculator became immediately available.
I suppose I could put Calculator on the desktop, and that's a good idea, but
I'm having so much fun with Windows and the number keys that I don't use my
desktop shortcuts all that much.
I think I may, indeed, need to repair JAWS on Monday. I cannot do it myself
because I do not have administrative rights. WHAT A PAIN!
There may indeed be something amiss with my install. It refuses to
recognize my Vocalizer Expressive 2.0 installs, and I've repaired them
several times (I can repair them, but not JAWS).
With JAWS 18, as installed, the tab keys jump to a whole range of buttons,
including buttons that apparently represent numbers. I cannot, however, get
to an edit box to enter numbers manually. Again, there are no problems in
JAWS 17.