From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS 18 and Calculator

I saw a number of posts on this list earlier about the
calculator. Indeed, in Windows 10, it is hidden. With a
little sighted assistance, however, we found it and pinned
it to the task bar, which was a good solution.

And, a huge thanks to the discussion about using the Windows
Key and numbers keys to jump to applications. I had
forgotten about those commands entirely. Now, I use them
all the time. They are fantastic!

Well, I installed JAWS 18 yesterday. ALAS! The calculator
that worked so well in JAWS 17 appears to be completely
broken in JAWS 18 or, if not broken, is implemented so badly
as to be useless.

It is so good to be able to keep old versions of JAWS around
so that when Freedom Scientific screws up, as they did with
calculator, one can go back to a prior version. The
calculator works great in JAWS 17. It seems unusable in
JAWS 18.

I. Edward Marquette

Direct Dial: 816.502.4646

Mobile: 816.812.0088

Google Voice: 408.692.5640

Facsimile: 816.960.0041

Kutak Rock LLP

2300 Main Street, Suite 800

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@kutakrock.com
<mailto:ed.marquette@kutakrock.com>

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for
the named recipients above and may contain information that
is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected
by applicable law. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete
this E-mail message.
Thank you.