Re: JAWS 18 and Calculator

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

I have the latest JAWS18, with Windows 10,,and I use the calculator regularly. For me it is not broken.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2017 10:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS 18 and Calculator

I saw a number of posts on this list earlier about the calculator.  Indeed, in Windows 10, it is hidden.  With a little sighted assistance, however, we found it and pinned it to the task bar, which was a good solution.

And, a huge thanks to the discussion about using the Windows Key and numbers keys to jump to applications.  I had forgotten about those commands entirely.  Now, I use them all the time.  They are fantastic!

Well, I installed JAWS 18 yesterday.  ALAS!  The calculator that worked so well in JAWS 17 appears to be completely broken in JAWS 18 or, if not broken, is implemented so badly as to be useless.

It is so good to be able to keep old versions of JAWS around so that when Freedom Scientific screws up, as they did with calculator, one can go back to a prior version.  The calculator works great in JAWS 17.  It seems unusable in JAWS 18.

I. Edward Marquette

Direct Dial:  816.502.4646

Mobile:  816.812.0088

Google Voice:  408.692.5640

Facsimile:  816.960.0041

Kutak Rock LLP

2300 Main Street, Suite 800

Kansas City, MO 64108

ed.marquette@...

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.