Re: Medical Transcription and Editing

gracie jackson

I certainly agree with this advice to submit to NFB, if this is a course that you would like to pursue.  Maybe this has been told to other individuals who accepted their advice. 

Although screen reader accessibility may exist, it does not exist with this organization.  Stand strong!!

Gracie Jackson

On Thursday, April 20, 2017, Jonas Voll <jonas.voll@...> wrote:
I hope you saved the email if you was told " I should drop their course because screen readers are not compatible"!
I think you need to contact NFB and see what they  say!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita,  KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stacey Bruton
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:37 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Medical Transcription and Editing

Good Afternoon,

I am enrolled in a medical transcription and editing course. I have emailed the company offering the course with some questions concerning tech support. I told them I use a screen reader. I was told I should drop their course because screen readers are not compatible with the editing software. The software is Mmodal. I was wondering if there were any medical transcription and editing people on this list who can tell me what they use that is accessible with JAWS. Also, how did they receive the training?

Stacey

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com and logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@...'
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.