Re: Unable to install required component JAWS run time

Vaughan Dodd

I resorted to an uninstall via the Windows 10 control panel, and then reinstalled from the download. I appreciated that the JAWS uninstall offered to retain my personalised settings, which was about 95% successful.

Vaughan.

On 4/14/2017 10:31 AM, Ann Byrne wrote:
Trying to install JAWS 18 latest version on my student's windows 8.0 machine. After some whirring and clicking and a lot of waiting, I get the message:
Unable to install required component JAWS run time, the process will now end. With of course an okay button. I tried using the JAWS 18 disk, and I tried using a download of yesterday's update. Same message. Any ideas????

thanks,

Ann