Re: can't get shortcut key for jaws to work

Vaughan Dodd

I am having similar problems following the update to the latest build of v18. I also lost my desktop shortcut.

I also lost my desktop shortcut.

My machine seems to be going through an update binge, so I hope that when that process has completed,
JFW will interact with greater stability.

Vaughan.

On 4/14/2017 5:32 AM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey there, well it says that it's control alt j. However the target box is blank.
Not sure what to make of this.

On 4/13/2017 1:25 PM, Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. wrote:
Hi,

If you're using the same hot key combo in another program, it won't work. When I load a new version of JAWS, for example, I need to go to the earlier version of JAWS and remove the hot key from that version, then go to the new version and define the hot key there.

Of course, you can also use a different hot key. I think someone on this list once mentioned they use the last number of the version for that versions hot key, such as Control Alt 7 for JAWS 17 and Control Alt 8 for JAWS 18.
Hope this helps, Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 10:37 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: can't get shortcut key for jaws to work

Hey guys,

OK, this makes no sense at all. Trying to get a hotkey to work with jaws 18. I go to the shortcut, and go to properties, and get to the hot key where i want to define it, hit j, so it says control alt j, then i tab to apply. Windows 10 dings at me and says i need administrative functions to make this change click continue. so i do that, go to ok button, and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.