Re: Gmail?

Marianne Denning

What is the shortcut key that needs to be enabled? I use Gmail in standard mode all of the time. I don't think I have ever enabled in a shortcut key.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 8, 2017, at 5:08 PM, Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...> wrote:

There is actually a shortcut keystroke feature in Gmail that needs to be toggled on and then standard view tends to be a smoother path IMO. The Google accessibility team actually recommends standard view with the shortcut keys enabled.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Saturday, April 8, 2017 7:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Gmail?

Thanks for the clarification, Brian.

This is very helpful.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2017 11:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Tom,

         Google recommends the use of the basic HTML view for maximum ease of accessibility and my observation is that this view is a bit easier to deal with than the standard view.

          That being said, there are a lot of screen-reader users who elect to use the standard view.

          If you're able to navigate what you need to navigate and the process of doing so isn't driving you mad then whichever of the two views you choose is perfectly fine.
--
Brian