Re: Accidentally deleted Jaws18, now install stopps...it says that it is already installed?

Peter Tesar

Thanks for the repair tip.
I knew about that run command but I thought you had to have Jaws running.
Sometimes you need someone else to set you straight.

So far my Windows 10 seems to be ok. Probably some minor adjustments will need to be made.

Peter T.

On 4/8/2017 5:21 PM, Gerry Ellis wrote:
Hi,

If you have the downloaded instalation file or the JAWS CD you can do a repair. For instance, if the download file was called J18.0.exe and it was in your c:\ folder, then type
"c:\temp\j18.0.exe" /type repair

Note putting the folder in quotes. This is only necessary if the folder name includes spaces,b but it is no harm doing it wherever the instalation file is.

If you have the CD, I presume you would point to the install.exe or setup .exe (whatever is on the CD's root directory).

Take care,

Gerry Ellis

If you don’t know where you’re going,
How will you know when you get there?