Re: Accidentally deleted Jaws18, now install stopps...it says that it is already installed?

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Peter,

Below is the way FS tech support now recommends to repair Jaws:
From: Adrian Spratt
Hi. I'm writing to explain the new JAWS repair method I learned today from VFO. Previously, I'd taken the file of the currently running JAWS build, put it in the C drive, copied the exact wording into a Windows run dialog, etc.
this procedure failed twice for me today. VFO seems to know about this because when I called, they had me follow the procedure I'll detail below, and it worked. I don't know why it is different, but somehow it is. So, here goes.

First, make sure you have the .exe file on your system for the JAWS build you're running. You can download it from the FS/VFO website.

Unlike before, it doesn't seem to matter where you keep it on your system.

Close all running apps.

Highlight the JAWS .exe file.

Press shift-F10.

Arrow up to "Copy as path." Press enter.

Open the run dialog with Windows key-r.

Press control-v, then spacebar, then / (the forward slash key), then the word "type", spacebar, and then the word "repair."

Let me try that command line a different way. After pressing control-v followed by the spacebar, continue with /type repair

Then press enter.

The process went more smoothly than any JAWS repair I can remember, and it went all the way to the end.

I hope this is useful.
Adrian
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
Early to bed, early to rise, keep my iHemorrhoids from being a surprise.