Re: Accidentally deleted Jaws18, now install stopps...it says that it is already installed?

Peter Tesar

Hi,

Yes I did delete the entire "program files" folder. I forgot about the recycle bin.

On this desktop, I have Win10 working. Also NVDA and Narrator allows me to navigate. I also have FireFox and Thunderbird and most of the other apps are in the "program files (x86)" folder.

I cannot do a repair on Jaws if there is no Jaws installed. Unless you can do it with the Jaws 18 downloaded file or DVD.

The question is there a hidden folder with the Jaws 18 setup files that the wizard said was being copied to the hard drive. After the copy progress clicks finish, I'm told that the program is already installed. I cannot force it to continue the installation.

The "add remove programs" list has Jaws 18 on it, but it is not responsive. It cannot find the program to do the uninstall.

There may be a hidden file folder with a program that would allow a forced install.

My laptop has Win 10 and Jaws 18. Can I just copy the "Freedom Scientific" folder from the laptop to the desktop?

Maybe I can install Jaws 16 or 17.

I'm waiting for the Win 10 version 17 to give me the ability to run it on a USB penn drive with Narrator.

Peter T.