From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, Apr 7, 2017 1:44 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: recapcha

André,

One of the major intentions of the reCAPTCHA
<https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html> was to have the same
verification abilities to spurn spam bots and machine logins yet avoid
the issues with accessibility that came with Captchas. They should be
read by screen readers and require only that you activate them, much
like a button, to verify that you are human.

I've encountered many of these but not when I was actively
using a screen reader at the time. Apparently there are variants that
are much more like old Captchas, but I have yet to encounter them. All
I've hit so far are the boxes/buttons that you have to activate/check
that have the label "I am not a robot."

--
*Brian*

*/ /**/A great many people think they are thinking when they
are /**/merely rearranging their prejudices./*

*/ /~ William James*