Re: Continuing Problem With Navigating E-mail Group

Maria Kristic

Hi Tom,

You are referring to Outlook’s Contact Groups feature, right?

As I navigate the list of members in a contact group, I have to SHIFT+TAB and then TAB back to the list to hear the item in focus. So for example, if I am on the first item, and I press DOWN ARROW or RIGHT ARROW to move to the next item, I hear nothing; I SHIFT+TAB and TAB to get back to the list, and then, I do hear that I have indeed moved to the next item in the list. HOME and END do take me to the beginning and end of the list, which I confirm by SHIFT+TAB followed by TAB to get back to the list after I have pressed HOME or END to see where I have ended up.

This seems to be a Microsoft issue, as I tried it with NVDA also and got same results…

I am using Windows 10, but I would think that our results would be the same, as I am also using Office 2016 and JAWS 18.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Maria

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Continuing Problem With Navigating E-mail Group

Hello again, everyone.

I hate to bug the list again, but my recently-emergent problem with navigating an e-mail group in Outlook 2016 continues.

At least now, I have a bit more information to share about the problem, since I have had some sighted assistance with the screen.

My problem is that once I’m in the list view for the e-mail group, Jaws no longer responds as it should when I  navigate up and down the list of group members, using the up and down arrow keys.

The sighted individual who is helping me can easily navigate up and down the list of members using the arrow keys, but Jaws seems to be stuck on the last name I have highlighted, and only speaks that name, rather than reflecting what the arrow keys are actually doing.

I’d appreciate any suggestions for solving this issue.

If I am not verbalizing the problem well, please let me know.

I’m using Jaws 18 with Windows 7 here.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.