Re: Problem With Convenient OCR

Mario

tom, that should be insert+spacebar, o, then d, not e.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Tom Behler [mailto:tombehler@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, Apr 6, 2017 12:46 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Problem With Convenient OCR

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to read a scanned PDF image document using the Jaws convenient
OCR feature, but cannot get the file to convert to a readable format.

If I open the PDF file in Internet explorer, and then try convenient OCR.
I'm told that OCR cannot be started.

I saved the PDf file, and then tried convenient OCR on the saved file, and
got a script error message.

When I access convenient OCR, I use spacebar and Jaws, followed by O for
OCR, and D for document.

I'm using Jaws 18 here with Windows 7.

I don't recall having this problem with earlier versions of Jaws.

Am I missing something?

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan