Re: Problem With Convenient OCR

Feliciano G

This feature only works with adobe reader.

Feliciano

On Apr 6, 2017, at 10:22 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Why doesn’t your PDF open in Adobe? Not sure if this will fix the issue, but you might give it a try.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:47 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Problem With Convenient OCR

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to read a scanned PDF image document using the Jaws convenient OCR feature, but cannot get the file to convert to a readable format.

If I open the PDF file in Internet explorer, and then try convenient OCR. I’m told that OCR cannot  be started.

I saved the PDf file, and then tried convenient OCR on the saved file, and got a script error message.

When I access convenient OCR, I use spacebar and Jaws, followed by O for OCR, and D for document.

I’m using Jaws 18 here with Windows 7.

I don’t recall having this problem with earlier versions of Jaws.

Am I missing something?

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan