Problem With Convenient OCR

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to read a scanned PDF image document using the Jaws convenient OCR feature, but cannot get the file to convert to a readable format.

If I open the PDF file in Internet explorer, and then try convenient OCR. I’m told that OCR cannot  be started.

I saved the PDf file, and then tried convenient OCR on the saved file, and got a script error message.

When I access convenient OCR, I use spacebar and Jaws, followed by O for OCR, and D for document.

I’m using Jaws 18 here with Windows 7.

I don’t recall having this problem with earlier versions of Jaws.

Am I missing something?

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan