From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:53 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: installing jfw without burning a key

I installed 13 yesterday, and had to get Jason to do a Tandem to get it in.
Worse, I followed his suggestion and trashed my old authorization.
I imagine this means I'm out of keys, and will have to refill before I can
install here at the office. The Tandem worked fine (yes, Virginia, you can
do it on dial up), but I can't figure out where the block was, and have no
guarantee it won't happen again next year. As I'm running XP Pro, the
solution put forth last week is inapplicable. It has to be something small.

On the plus side, this looks to be lucky 13--really sweet. I had a little
trouble with OCR, but finally realized Eric was using different settings on
his machine. After reading the help screen several times, I finally
realized the whole thing had to be done with the JAWS cursor, which is why
it kept saying JAWS cursor--talk about getting hit over the head. The
formatting was lousy on the Kenwood manual, and there were a lot of typos,
but it worked! Boy, were you guys right about the default voice--sounds
like Julia Childes in drag!

Ted