Re: Different first page Word2016
Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>
Hello,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Below are some instructions from FS.
Running Header and Page Number
list of 16 items
1. First, press ALT+N to move to the Insert tab of the ribbon.
2. Press H to activate the Header drop down button, and then E to choose Edit Header. Focus goes to the empty header edit area.
3. Press ALT+JH to move to the Header and Footer Tools Design tab of the ribbon, and then press A to check the Different First Page check box. Focus again
returns to the empty header edit area
4. Press ALT+N to move to the Insert tab of the ribbon again.
5. Next, press H for Header, and press DOWN ARROW to select Blank 3 Columns. Focus moves back to the header edit area at the top of the page. This time,
three different fields for text are inserted with the words [Type text] at the left justified, center, and right justified parts of the header edit area.
The cursor is just to the left of the first field.
6. Press RIGHT ARROW. The first field is now selected. You can verify this by pressing the read current control keystroke, INSERT+TAB.
7. Press RIGHT ARROW to move focus out of the field to the space after it. JAWS says, "out of form field."
8. Next, press RIGHT ARROW to move to the beginning of the second [Type text] field, and then select it by pressing RIGHT ARROW again.
9. Press the DEL key to delete this middle text field. The cursor remains in the center of the header, but the field is now gone. JAWS reports, "out of
form field" again.
10. Press RIGHT ARROW twice more to move to and then select the third [Type text] field.
11. Next, press ALT+JH to move to the Header & Footer Tools Design tab of the ribbon, followed by N U to activate the Page Number button in the Header &
Footer group of the lower ribbon. A submenu opens.
12. Press C to choose Current Position, and another submenu opens with focus on the first item, Plain Number 1.
13. Press ENTER to select Plain Number 1. The menus close, and the [Type text] field is now replaced with the number one.
14. Press HOME to move to the beginning of the header area. This also selects the left aligned [Type text] field.
15. Type the following, with the actual running header in all caps. The running header must be 50 characters or less. It is OK to shorten it and have a
longer title for the paper in the center of the page. Type: Running head: TITLE OF PAPER. In my example, I have the following: Running head: READING COMPREHENSION
USING SYNTHESIZED SPEECH
16. If necessary, select the entire line of the header and check the font and size to make sure it matches the body text you are using.
NOTE: As you type text in the left text placeholder, the number on the right side may wrap down to the next line. After you have typed your running head,
press the DEL key to remove any extra spaces and bring the number one back on the same line as the rest of the text. You may need to use the JAWS cursor
to do this, since a Say Line with the PC cursor reads both lines of text in the header.
list of 1 items
17. When you are finished, press ESC to get out of edit mode for the header text. Focus returns to the main document area.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Shai
Sent: March 30, 2017 11:51 PM
Subject: Different first page Word2016
I am attempting to have a different first page in my document where page 2 will be page 1 etc. with Jaws18 and Word2016. How do I go about doing this? I tried the steps in the article from Microsoft for inserting a page number and then I pressed alt q to search for different first page and pressed enter but it seems that after I selected different first page, and then used my up and down arrow keys, JAWS still read the same page 2. Also, is utilizing my up and down arrow keys the best means of confirming this information? How can I confirm that the page number is right aligned at the top edge? I saw some information that alt delete should be able to give me this knowledge?
Thank you in advance for any responses