Re: Win 10 vs Win7 with Jaws

Sharon

Yea, I struggle with this as well.

Sharon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 11:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Win 10 vs Win7 with Jaws

Hi Brian,

Could you briefly explainhow you add (or take away) columns like date created or size and how you then tell it to apply to all subfolders? And I am talking about how to do this in Windows 10.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Win 10 vs Win7 with Jaws

Sharon,

By the way, in answer to your question regarding Documents, I just added the "Date Created" column to the view in Documents, then I took a look at a subfolder before I performed the "Apply to all folders" step I documented last night, and it was not there. which is what I expected.  Then I went back up to Documents and went through those steps answering "Yes" to confirm that I wanted the change to apply to all folders. and now all folders that were using "Details" view now have that column on display.

There are a few exceptions to this because I have chosen to display select folders in icons view and I have the "remember individual folder view" setting on so if I override my "global master view" on specific folders it will remember this and keep it no matter what I do to my "global master view".

You might also want to take a quick read through this thread on tenforums and the various step-by-step instructions mentioned.
--
Brian

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

~ William James

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.