Re: Win 10 vs Win7 with Jaws

Sharon

If I go to my documents, and set all folders the same way, shouldn’t it stick?

This is the top level folder, and I want all folders, regardless of contents, to show up the same way,

Title, Date modified,  size, and length for mp3s and mp4s.

Wanted to get clarification and try it once more before checking with the tool you suggested.

Sharon

My music, video and picture folders are not in my documents.

I’m trying not to use libraries at all!

Don’t know what is set up though.

Sharon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Win 10 vs Win7 with Jaws

Sharon,

It's not the folder contents that matter, most of us have "regular folders" (I really can't remember what the correct term is, but these are folders without special properties like the Pictures, Music, Video, and a couple of other Library folder types) that contain various files.

It sounds to me like you've got something wrong with Win10 itself. Take a look at, Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10, and give this a try first.  If you get clean SFC and DISM results try resetting your folder view again and see if it sticks. 

You may not be doing anything wrong and you may have had less than stellar assistance from Microsoft, as tech skill levels do vary.

--
Brian

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

~ William James

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.