Re: Authorizing JAWS using a PacMate (was SMA Notice)

Brent Harding

Yes, but that machine still needs an authorization or dongle. What would be nice is if FS made a dongle that had a copy of Jaws already on it for those situations.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David" <davidwhitehead1957@cogeco.ca>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 2:22 PM
Subject: RE: Authorizing JAWS using a PacMate (was SMA Notice)

Hello there;
Yes indeed, the thumb drive solution for jaws is a good one.
Providing you have a licenced copy running on home computer, it is merely
downloading and extracting files to a thumb drive,
Then Daughter can cary the thumb drive with her, and use it on any machine.

Hope this helps.

From: "Farfar on Laptoject: Re: SMA Notice

Joni,

Another way to look at your situation, is in how much money you
actually saved. If you had kept current, going from JAWS 6 through
15 would have been
5 SMA at $120 each for a total of $600. You got current + SMA for
$100
less.

So you came out ahead. Congratulations!

Of course I'm not accounting for inflation and the value of the
dollar in all this, but still...