From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jennifer Jackson
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 7:55 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Need Accessible Website Hosting / Creation Referral

I have ben doing some research on setting up my own web site and have not found a lot of great information.

It does seem that basic management is possible, especially if you use Wordpress to set it up. Everyone I have spoken to, or found referencing the experience on line, had sighted assistance for the original creation. That is even true of the Mystic Access people with the new sight there. One blind person I know uses Bluehost and after getting it set up with some assistance, has been managing it herself.

If you learn more, I would appreciate it if you share. :)

I am not affiliated with Mystic Access, but I did notice they have a tutorial for Wordpress that I am thinking of taking myself.

Jennifer

On Mar 25, 2017, at 7:15 AM, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@...> wrote:

Hi!

I need to create and publish a simple webpage.  My skills for this are limited.  Is there some site that I can use to host and create a website that is accessible?  If the site also had some accessible resources about how to go about doing all this, like exactly how do you write the webpage itself ala HTML, that would be a bonus!

Note that this is not so much about things appertaining to domain names.  I know about them, and am OK about getting them.  That said, if the same one site that was accessible, could host my webpage and also had some webpage creation resources also happened to have domain establishment and purchasing capabilities that would be super!

Thanks,

Richard