Re: How do I create "heading levels" in MS Word for quick navigation?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Pablo!

Thank you *so* much for your below!  This totally works, and it is so easy to do!  YAY!  I have struggled with this seemingly simple and yet really useful task for a long time without any success.

I have an additional question, though.  It seems like, after activating quick navigation with JAWSKey+z, pressing “h” only works one way, from the top of the document downward.  That is, unlike when on a webpage it does not seem to wrap to the top of the document after reaching whatever heading level was the last one at the end of the document.  Put another way, repeatedly pressing “h” does not cycle through every heading in the document.  Is this behavior a normal, MS Word JAWS thing?

And, yes, you are right in correcting me: it is pressing “h” not JAWSKey+h on a webpage that cycles you through the headings.

Thanks!

Richard