Re: accessing jaws homepage
Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>
Here's another approach if possible. It's assigning a keystroke to change the punctuation levels on the fly.
1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the Jaws Manager, go to, Keyboard Manager, press enter, navigate to, Default, & tab 1 time to get into the list of options.
2. In the Default keyboard manager list navigate to, Set Punctuation Level none. None means there has not been a keystroke assigned.
3. Press the, Alt key, to open the menues, & right arrow to, Action, down arrow to, Add Keystroke..., & press enter. Or, press, control + A, is the shortcut keystroke for, asigning a keystroke.
4. Insert a keystroke combination like, control + dash, for example. if the combination is already being used for another command jaws will tell you. Doing this in the Default Keyboard Manager, allows this keystroke to be used in all aplications.
5. Tab to the, Okay button, press the spacebar, a dialogue will open asking if you're sure you want to modify the default JKM, press the spacebar on the, Yes, option.
Now, every time you press the control + dash keystroke it changes the punctuation level. So, press the control + dash keystroke until you hear the punctuation level you want.
If you ever want to change or remove the keystroke open the Keyboard Manager, Find Default, Find Set Punctuation Level, press the, Alt key, right arrow to Action, & arrow down to make your choice of what you want to do.
Sent from my iBarstool.
Early to bed, early to rise, keep my iHemorrhoids from being a surprise.
----- Original Message -----
From: judith bron
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: accessing jaws homepage
My computer is totally messed up. We have to replace it. I’m trying to get Jaws to announce all punctuation and can’t seem to get it right. As one of the listers told me I’m pressing insert V and arrowing down to punctuation. The punctuations options aren’t there and I can’t get jaws to announce my punctuation. I’m an author and I find that announcing punctuation makes my editing easier. Anyways that’s just one example of my computer woes. Thanks for your help. Judith
[mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Jeanette McAllister
Another option is to select the JAWS icon from your desktop (if you have one) by pressing spacebar (don’t open it), press your applications key and select “pin to taskbar); at this point you should be able to alt-tab to JAWS as well. I always use insert J so I do not understand why yours is not working properly.
Hope this helps!
Jeanette McAllister PhD
Assistive Technology Tutor/Support
Professional Placement Specialist
Website Accessibility Auditor/Tester
123 Sycamore Road
Franklin, VA 23851
Member-National Employment Committee – NFB
Everyone makes mistakes… it's how we respond that matters. Follow your heart and you'll always see the nice side of others first. (Author unknown)
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Wat you call the JAWS Home Page, is in fact, the JAWS window of JAWS on your computer.
So, when you press, INSERT+J, from anywhere within Windows or any program, focus should be given to the JAWS window of the version of JFW you are using. When you use this command, JAWS should say:
JAWS context Menu, Options submenu
Home pages, are generally referred too as the initial page of a web site.
----- Original Message -----