Re: Jaws and Chrome

Mike,

         Just curious, but what browser were you using prior to Chrome that allowed you to bring up the Facebook Mobile page?  I imagine at this point that IE would be one of the few that is not "machine context sensitive."

         Most web code is now written to detect the device that it's being run from and to redirect you to the regular page if you're on a computer or the mobile page if you're on a smartphone [I haven't dealt with tablets enough to see whether there is a choice made based upon screen size or model].

         If I try to go to www.facebook.com on my Galaxy S7 I am automatically redirected to m.facebook.com.  Since I'm not an actual Facebook user I can't go further than that.  This behavior also shows up for several online forum sites I use that have mobile versions as well.
--
Brian

         A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

                  ~ William James