Re: Continuing User Account Notification Issue With Firefox 52

Tom Behler

Gerry:

I believe I have now set Firefox as my default browser, although there’s no way to be totally sure from the control panel options.

However, this did not solve the problem.

I think Bill is right;  I should have initially installed Firefox as an administrator, which, as I noted earlier, I failed to do.

Live and learn, I guess.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerry Ellis
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 7:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Continuing User Account Notification Issue With Firefox 52

HI,

I’ve no idea if this would help, but it can’t harm to try.

I suggest that you go into control panel and default programs and make sure that Firefox is set as default for all aspects of web activity. Maybe when it is confirmed as the default it will stop acting up.

Take care,

Gerry Ellis

If you don’t know where you’re going,

How will you know when you get there?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:45 PM

Ah, ok, I get it now, Bill.

Late last week, I was having other computer issues with some on line security settings, so I consulted with the folks at the Microsoft Accessibility Hotline

We got the security issues resolved, and then they installed Firefox 52 for me in safe mode, and I simply forgot to tell them to do the administrator install.

So, I guess I’m just going to have to live with the problem for now, because I’m not sure I want to go through the un-install and re-install processes again.

Thanks for reminding me of this;  it just totally slipped my mind.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:07 PM

Hi, Tom. It won't be in the Firefox menu structure. What they told you was to install firefox as administrator. When you used the master installer to install Firefox, you would have highlighted, but not pressed Enter on, the executable installer. Then you would have Pressed Applications key, and arrowed down to "Run As Administrator". Then you would have pressed Enter on that option, and Firefox would have run as an Administrator Install.

It won't do any good to run Firefox as administrator if it wasn't installed that way in the first place.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:44 PM

Subject: Continuing User Account Notification Issue With Firefox 52

Hello.

After uninstalling, and then re-installing Firefox 52, I continue to get the “user notification” dialog asking for permission to make changes to my computer, every time I launch firefox.

Even though this might be an anoying problem I just might have to live with, I have to believe the dialog can be eliminated via the right steps.

Can someone tell me how I might do this?

I believe someone once suggested that I run Firefox as administrator, but I can’t seem to find this option in the Firefox 52 menu structure.

Thanks again, all.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of malware database 15125 (20170321) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of malware database 15125 (20170321) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.8007 / Virus Database: 4767/14160 - Release Date: 03/21/17

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.