Re: Cisco IP Communicator?

James Homuth

I did find that manual, and it's helpful, but not quite helpful enough. For example... it doesn't give me an option for actually logging in and out of the phone system. Unless, of course, I'm doing something idiotic, which is also possible.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 10:08 am, Lee, Amanda * wrote:

As I indicated, we use IP Communicator with Microsoft Link.  If you navigate into where IP Communicator is under programs, there is a very accessible manual which contains a section which provides built-in shortcut keys.  I would copy them here but I’m sure you can find them or write me offline and I will send them to you.  I’m not sure why FDA isn’t using Jabber either.  We also use Webex.  Microsoft Link isn’t the most easy to navigate either but one can get most of what they need and there are also keyboard commands available.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 6:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Cisco IP Communicator?

I think here's where the confusion happens. I installed IP Communicator by itself, and after I got it set up with what I think is my login info, JAWS doesn't read anything. Do I need to install something else, like Link for example, to actually make it accessible?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lee, Amanda *
Sent: March-16-17 10:57 AM

I’ll add that the installation of IP Communicator is used in conjunction with Microsoft Link meaning that the Interface is actually launched via Link so here is the difference.  I remember with Jabber, that it would tie-in with Cisco telephones as IP Communicator does as well.  You can use IP Communicator to make and receive calls and the ringtone is heard via one’s headset as well.  I like how the sessions work too in that I can copy information and paste it elsewhere for reference and such. Or click on a link.  It is also possible for someone to observe you navigate through web content and such.  I’m learning a Helpdesk application so it was very useful when my co-worker could see where I was navigating through the websites which we utilize.

HTH,

Amanda Lee

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:40 AM

Jabber is almost impossible to use without Doug Lee’s scripts.  It keeps getting better, but the scripts really are necessary for significant parts of the product’s functionality.

The Jabber App on my iPhone is more accessible, but still not 100%.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lee, Amanda *
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:37 AM

I’ve used Jaber before but not with JAWS.  It seems both are similar.

Amanda Lee

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:35 AM

James,

I have a pretty good relationship with technical support at Cisco, though pretty much entirely with respect to Cisco Jabber.

I know I have Cisco communicator on my desktop, but I have no idea what it is used for.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:51 AM
Subject: Cisco IP Communicator?

I probably already know the answer, but is there such a thing as a JAWS script for Cisco IP Communicator? And if  so, where might I go about getting my hands on it?

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.