Re: High CPU usage after installing SSD

jeff armstrong <jeffarmstrong1380@...>

Could the install of the drive have required some monitoring software installs, mine required Acronis and I see at least three apps that have this name running in background.  I am not familiar enough with Windows 10 yet to be good at checking usage but I, Too, noticed a performance hit after I installed the SSD to replace a HDD.

Jeff Armstrong

From: Tony
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: High CPU usage after installing SSD

Actually, I consider a quarter second unacceptable.  That is why I am considering upgrading my new Windows 10 machine to Windows 7.  I have a fast quad core Xeon processor, 32gb ram and a 1tb M.2 SSD that is supposed to be at least 4 times the speed of a top of the line SATA SSD.  I don’t know if it is Windows 10 or Jaws 18, but this machine is less responsive than my old Windows 7 machine with a dual core I3, normal SSD and only 8gb ram.  Once a program is running it is noticeably faster than my old machine and it flys while running multiple programs, which leads me to believe it is not a hardware problem.

Tony