From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonathan
Milam
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS 18 and RDP Sessions

Hi All,

I am having difficulty using JAWS in RDP sessions. Since the computers to
which I am connecting must be logged on 24/7, I use Disconnect instead of
Logoff to terminate the session. The problem I am having is that quite
often when I connect via an RDP session, speech is not available with JAWS.
I usually have to end the JAWS process through Task Manager and then restart
it again to have speech. However, this doesn’t always work, and I have to
restart the entire computer to resolve it. Other times it connects without
difficulty and speech is immediately available. I have checked to run JAWS
and logon and after all users using Always, but this hasn’t helped. The
only consistent connection I can get is with a computer on which JAWS is
registered with my auth code. I was under the impression that the auth code
wasn’t needed for computer running JAWS remotely, however, and so this
doesn’t explain the inconsistency I’m seeing. The problem is happening on
several different desktops with 2 running WIN7 and 1 running WIN10. Does
anyone have ideas on this?

Thanks,

Jonathan

--