Re: Excel and JAWS

Kane Brolin

Hi,Palmer. Sorry it has taken longer than I wanted to get back to you on this.

A few years ago, I too was frustrated as an Excel user relying on a
screen reader; because all too often, Websites or individuals would
describe how to get things done in Excel solely through
visually-oriented suggestions about clicking and dragging or
activating this or that using the ribbon. But Microsoft always has
built a lot of keyboard shortcuts into its Office suite--it's just
that most people don't think to use them.

Visit https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Excel-keyboard-shortcuts-and-function-keys-for-Windows-1798d9d5-842a-42b8-9c99-9b7213f0040f?CorrelationId=e8b3c1a3-7e7d-45c8-980f-dc9b2ee97bae&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&ocmsassetID=HP010342494
for a comprehensive set of these shortcut keys particular to Excel.

If you want to do something specific that seems difficult or that is
not listed here, contact me offline at kbrolin65@... and I will
attempt to help you figure it out. I dpo not use Excel for
super-complex graphing or formula creation, but I have learned on the
fly how to interact with Office help instructions, how to work with
multiple sheets at a time and switch between worksheets, and how to
manipulate a worksheet to give me what I need at any given time.

Kind regards,

-Kane