From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2011 10:13 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: help with punctuation

In the JAWS voices menu--insert-j, alt-down arrow to voices--you can change
punctuation, ... and it sticks!
At 08:19 AM 11/6/2011, you wrote:
Dean,

While in JAWS 12, I just tested whether a new insert-v punctuation
setting would hold after exiting and returning to Outlook 2003. It
didn't. Other listers and I have found the same thing in the past,
hence the convoluted ways people have found to work around JAWS's peculiar
punctuation setup.

If you've tried the insert-v method yourself and confirmed that it
works for you, I'll have to find out why it doesn't for me. I certainly
wish it did.