From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Soronel
Haetir
Sent: Monday, March 6, 2017 11:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Application key

Thanks, I will definitely look at Acer the next time I am looking for a
laptop. My last couple laptops have been HP, I've been very happy with them
other than the keyboard quirks. Sad bit is, the physical case for this one
is slightly larger than my last laptop but the keyboard is crammed into less
space.

Actually, given how little I move around I have been thinking about mounting
a regular desktop keyboard on some type of board (plywood or something
similar) and just not bothering with the laptop at all. This laptop doesn't
even have proper mouse button keys (you are supposed to be able to touch
some area of the pad but I've never bothered figuring that out) so I
wouldn't even be missing out on that.

Bot my old Acer laptop has one (it is about 5 years old) and I just
bought a brandnew Asus Zenbook (the 15.6 inch model) and it has a
working application key as well as a number pad on the right side just
like a full-size keyboard. Only thing is that the Insert key (Jaws
Key) on the NumberPad is the same size as all the other keys and not
double wide as is usually the case on regular keyboards. It is
actually under the 2 on the numer pad on this laptop since the key to
the left of it (under the 1) is already the right arrow. This took a
bit of getting used to with respect to pressing key combinations like Jaws
Key+Up Arrow to read line or Jaws Key+Page Down etc.
My thumb always seems to want to wonder off to the left onto the right
arrow, but my muscle memory is starting to remember now.

Regards,
Sieghard