Re: Application key

Soronel Haetir

Thanks, I will definitely look at Acer the next time I am looking for
a laptop. My last couple laptops have been HP, I've been very happy
with them other than the keyboard quirks. Sad bit is, the physical
case for this one is slightly larger than my last laptop but the
keyboard is crammed into less space.

Actually, given how little I move around I have been thinking about
mounting a regular desktop keyboard on some type of board (plywood or
something similar) and just not bothering with the laptop at all. This
laptop doesn't even have proper mouse button keys (you are supposed to
be able to touch some area of the pad but I've never bothered figuring
that out) so I wouldn't even be missing out on that.

Bot my old Acer laptop has one (it is about 5 years old) and I just bought a
brandnew Asus Zenbook (the 15.6 inch model) and it has a working application
key as well as a number pad on the right side just like a full-size
keyboard. Only thing is that the Insert key (Jaws Key) on the NumberPad is
the same size as all the other keys and not double wide as is usually the
case on regular keyboards. It is actually under the 2 on the numer pad on
this laptop since the key to the left of it (under the 1) is already the
right arrow. This took a bit of getting used to with respect to pressing key
combinations like Jaws Key+Up Arrow to read line or Jaws Key+Page Down etc.
My thumb always seems to want to wonder off to the left onto the right
arrow, but my muscle memory is starting to remember now.

Regards,
Sieghard