Re: some useful information;

djasister@...

How do I make sure that I can do what I can on my account?

-----Original Message-----
From: Soronel Haetir
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 9:00 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: some useful information;

User Access Control,

Microsoft added it to windows starting with Vista then toned it down a
little with windows 7. It helps solve the problem of users basically
needing an administrator rights account to use their personal
computers but that providing so much access it leaves them open to
numerous attack vectors. With UAC enabled an administrator account
only has elevated permissions at discrete times rather than always,
and the user is asked whether certain programs should be allowed to
perform system modifying actions. Unfortunately jaws still hasn't
quite caught up to this new reality.

On 11/5/11, Drew Hunthausen <dhunthausen@gmail.com> wrote:
What is the UAC? thanks