Re: softphones that work with JAWS?

James Homuth

It's my understanding that ExpressTalk has a 14 day trial. They're on my list of things to play with, at any rate.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: March-05-17 9:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: softphones that work with JAWS?

I wonder if you can use the soft phone apps on a trial basis for like a week to ten days prior to purchasing it.  I might be interested in doing that, but I would like to test drive it first. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 5:15 PM

This company doesn't particularly care, so long as what you bring to the table works for you. Most people just use the deskphone that's right there, but that isn't exactly the most accessiblething in the world either.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: March-05-17 11:07 AM

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but most companies require you to use their Soft Phone application.  I currently have folks whom I support in the work place who use a Cicso solutions, called Desktop agent.  I’ve also played around with the Avaya Agent, and have heard that the In-Contact soft phone application works with JAWS.  All of them are not very easy to work with on the surface.  Both Avaya and Cisco do have some hot key functionality that helps out a good bit. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2017 11:20 PM

Maybe so, but I run a retail business and not a phone company and I just don’t have time to sit there for hours trying to configure this. The same goes for email and webservers, you just have to choose your wars because if you fight on too many fronts you won’t win anywhere.

I tried Ringcentral once years ago, but at the time my internet was only 6 Mb down and 1  up and it was just not fast enough. Now I have 25 down and 5 up and this coming week I get fibre with 125 down and 10 up so I’ll have plenty f bandwidth to use a Voip phone system if I want. I really liked what Ringcentral has to offer, only thing I don’t like is that the website which, by the way, gives you all the control you could want, is not very accessible at all.

Regards,

Sieghard

Sent: Saturday, March 4, 2017 8:49 PM

No, you'd still need to roll your own features like that. But I find most hosted PBX solutions aren't worth what you pay them. For the same price you can put together a system you can actually controll.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: March-04-17 11:43 PM

Thanks, James, had a quick look, but it doesn’t look like Callcentric offers a full-fletched virtual/hosted PBX system with all the features a business may want like extensions, voice mail, auto answer, faxing, SMS etc.

Regards,

Sieghard

Sent: Saturday, March 4, 2017 6:12 PM

I've heard good things about Callcentric. I'd use them if I wasn't needing to find me a client for work use.

Sent: March-04-17 8:09 PM

Hi,

Wow, this can get pretty expensive. On another note, which services would you recommend if you have any knowledge? What I am after is a hosted solution like Ringcentral. I quite like what Ringcentral offers, but their website was hopeless the last time I tried it, very poor accessibility with Jaws and even their iOS app was not accessible with Voiceover.

I tried to explain to their customer service that a large company like Ringcentral should really improve this and offer good accessibility, but I didn't even get the impression the guy would pass this on up the chain.

I would like something which is comprehensive as in offering a toll free number, either unlimited or significant incoming and outgoing North America wide calling, internet faxing and SMS via their app and of course calling via their app, voice mail, auto attendent, music on hold, extensions and all the usual stuff.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of HH. Smith Jr.
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2017 4:29 PM

Hi,

There is three that I know of. They work(accessibility) in the order of their price.

1. Express talk by NCH cheapest $130.00 business – 250.00? Enterprise. It is a lot cheaper than the others; however, you get what you pay for. It has a lot of bells and whistles but I had a little trouble in configuration.
  2. VTGO-PC-508 by IP Blue$ 750.00. I had some accessibility issues when testing this model.
  3. Accessaphone by Tenacity $1,500.00 the best; however, configuration is my current hang up at this moment for I myself is in the market for an accessible softphone. I was told by tenacity that a underlying cisco system works best with the Accessaphone.

Sent: Saturday, March 4, 2017 5:40 PM
Subject: softphones that work with JAWS?

Hi folks,

My new job uses a VOIP phone that isn't exactly the most accessible. So because of that, I'm in the hunt for a halfway decent softphone. Anyone happen to know of one and wouldn't mind sharing details? Using JAWS 14, but will probably upgrade to 18 when work installs it on my machine.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.