Re: Refurbished Tablets

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

I’ve seen Android based tablets with 16 gigs go for as little as $39.00 on Amazon.

But I tried in vane to learn the Talk Back and the whole blind droid thing. I’m no dummy, but to heck with that Android fill in the blank. No offense to the Android crowd, but it was so easy, to pick up an IPhone and roll right out of the box!

Just my 1.27 cents worth from an ordinary average blind guy! LOL!

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:46 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Refurbished Tablets

Buying a refurbished tablet in general, is a perfectly reasonable option

Whether you’ll be able  to maximize its use for this method...

Since this is a Jaws list, I can only assume that you’re looking for something Windows based? I’ve seen sales for  refurbished Surface tablets in the range  of $350 to $500, but at that price, a low end laptop or refurbished laptop may end up giving  you more bang  for your buck.

I know Dell and other companies used to make affordable Windows tablets, but I haven’t kept up to date on that market as I haven’t had the need for one.

With this sort of purchase, you’re going to want  to pay attention to specs. The last thing you’ll want is to be fighting with a sluggish machine while at  the same time trying  to take notes or whatever.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Elise Berkley
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Refurbished Tablets

Hello, everyone.

I am a little green in this area. I was wondering what everyone thinks about purchasing refurbished tablets from somewhere like, say Amazon. I need a tablet for school just to take notes. Then, when I get home, I copy my note files over to my laptop and do the real work there. Thanks for your opinions.

Elise

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.