Re: Spin boxes

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi Guys,

In my experience with combo boxes, I found that using the ALT + up and down arrow works best; because on some websites, for instance websites that sell parts, when you press the space bar or enter the combo box become activated however when you arrow down the first choice is chosen and that product becomes the product of choice whether you wanted it or not. When you use the ALT key method, it defeats this action. After your choice is made, just hit escape, tab, or Alt up arrow to close the combo box and then you can go about your merry way.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2017 5:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Spin boxes

I have found that the enter key also works when dealing with combo boxes.

So, are the space bar and enter key equivalent, in terms of fumction in this case?

Just curious.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2017 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: Spin boxes

When she hears combo box, press space bar to inact it, use arrow keys to make the selection then press tab to exit it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Holly Guinan
Sent: February 19, 2017 9:18 AM
Subject: Spin boxes

Hello List,

I noticed that my student is having trouble operating spinboxes when she encounters them on various websites she's expected to navigate.  She's using JAWS16,  Mozilla Firefox,  Win7 laptop without numpad.  What does JAWS tell you when you're on the tiny,  tiny triangle which would allow the up and down arrows to scroll through the options?  What should she be LISTENING for to know she's on the right spot?  Thanks,  as always - this list is lifesaver to us.  -Holly

Holly Guinan,  TVI
Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired

New Cell:  604-704-5832

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.