Re: Setting HJPad as Default

Michelle's Home Emails

Hi everyone

Michelle Stevens here,

At the moment I am trying word2016 as a four weeks trial. I am surprised how well Jaws 17 handles the ribbon. If you can start remembering the shortcut keys alt+h for home etc' then you are laughing.

Best wishes
Michelle

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Feb 2017, at 4:05 am, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) <ted.lisle@ky.gov> wrote:

The only piece of advice I'd give is that tabs work much better than cursor movements; if you follow that dictum, you'll be fine.

ted

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Setting HJPad as Default

It is sort of like getting used to water temperature in the swimming pool, with the ribbons, that is. At first, they do not seem inviting, but first thing you know, you just fool with the things all the time, don't think anything about it.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:33 AM

There's really nothing to the ribbon. There's a JAWS tutorial that explains it quite well. I shied away too, but now use it religiously.

Ted

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Poppa Bear
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 7:12 PM

You may miss out on the features that Word can offer if you go this route and become dependent on the HJ pad. Also, you will not be familiar with the ribbon on Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook if you shy away from it in Word. Just something to think about

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of William L Houts
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 2:44 AM
Subject: Setting HJPad as Default

HI listers,

I'm running Windows 10 on a 2TB Linovo tower system. I'd like to set HJPad as my word processor (to get away from MS's unholy ribbon scheme). Could someone set me straight on how to do this?

Thanks gang, and a belated happy new year to you all.

--Bill

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.