Re: JAWS Not Starting At Logon Screen Windows 7 Pro

Michelle's Home Emails

Hi Brian

Michelle Stevens here,

Although I am a new jaws user. I wonder if you have checked start jaws at logon which is different to starting jaws after logon. Think there are two check boxes. I set mine through basics and arrowed down.

I maybe wrong because am still new to this programme. Apolagies if I am wrong.

Michelle

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Feb 2017, at 1:06 am, Brian Prewitt <bprewitt@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Someone at my work doesn’t hear JAWS at the logon screen in Windows 7 Pro.  She logged out successfully yesterday.  However, when she went to login today, there was no speech.  The cursor was in the password field when I sat down at her computer.  Once I logged her in, JAWS started up.  I checked the automatic settings for JAWS, and it is set to “Automatically start JAWS at the Logon Screen.”  She is using the latest build of JAWS 17 64-bit.  Any ideas as to why JAWS wasn’t running?

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Brian Prewitt

Information Systems Manager