Re: any word on when this comes out?

Maria Kristic

The FSCast notification setting is still there; it may have gotten disabled by default if, for instance, you are running a non-English version of JAWS. To Turn it on, open Settings Center (by pressing JAWSKey+6 on the numbers row, for instance), press CTRL+SHIFT+D to open the Default file, and then search the Settings Center for FSCast. It is a check box which should be found if you do that search.

Regarding ElBraille, there will be an interview on it on a future Blind Bargains podcast—I believe it will actually be on next week’s podcast (www.blindbargains.com).

Ms. Adi Kushnir posted a message in January on this list as well (pasted below); I would suggest perhaps writing to her directly to ask if you would like the Quick Start Guide referenced below, as the attachment could not come through on the list…

Pasted message below my signature…Hope it helps!

Regards,

Maria

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adi Kushnir adikushnir@...
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 5:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Anounsing the release of the ElBraille W14JG2

Hello,

Elita Group ltd, is happy to announce the release and availability of the 2nd generation ElBraille Windows 10 portable computer with speech and Braille input/output, model W14JG2.

Over the last year, the ElBraille device has undergone a huge manufacturing overhaul, and today, we are happy to offer the best in class notetaker type device, on the most opened desktop platform.

For those of you who come to CSUN, you will be able to see the device at the Freedom scientific booth.

Please find attached the ElBraille quick start guide, which also contains it’s full technical specifications.

Also, I am happy to announce, that we are already finalizing our work on a version of the ElBraille for the 40 sell Focus Blue display, which will make any existing current generation Focus Blue display a full Windows PC.

This device will be also presented during CSUN.

The second generation ElBraille is already shipping, and we have lots of happy users in all parts of the world.

I am here to answer any question you may have about the product.

Best regards,

Adi Kushnir.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of ken lawrence via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2017 6:10 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: any word on when this comes out?

Hi list members haven’t been viewing the digests in a while so hope I’m not asking a question that has already been answered.  Last year when jaws was giving you the one time prompt to listen to the new FScast, they had an item on a new notetaker called the elbraille.  this was supposed to be a windows 10 based jaws based notetaker that also would have the focus 14 braille display in it.  supposedly this gadget is smaller than the pac mate was and even had a self voicing recovery menue in it.  does anyone on list know when it is coming out?  also on a related note why was the one time prompt to listen to that monthly podcast discontinued.  did jaws users not like that feature?  I thought it was kind’a handy. 

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.