Re: Accessible password managers

Stephanie Switzer

With 1Password you can get web extensions for Firefox, chrome, and I'm not sure what else. You can then use a shortcut key to have it paste the username and password into the appropriate fields.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 16, 2017, at 3:02 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

Roboform automatically fills and submits login forms. If I save a login in a so-called Passcard and then later go to that passcard via the Roboform system tray icon and press enter on it it wil open up the website, fill in user name and password and submit the form hence log you in.
In a few cases this does not work, but it usually does.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2017 12:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Accessible password managers

I think the idea is that, by using a password manager, you really only have to remember one password, and it can be a really good one that no one could ever guess or figure out at any point during your lifetime. Once in, you can look up any password to any site or program that exists (and that you have probably forgotten). For instance, I cannot remember my Face Book or Linked In pass words.
Your file does the same thing, except it is not secure. Anyone who can get access to that file has access to all your pass words.
I do like your idea. It would be really cool to be able to use a hotkey that would identify the proper prompt and automatically paste in the proper password.
You probably cannot get a patent on that idea, but it is a good one. <SMILE>