From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Soronel
Haetir
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Acrobat Frustrations

I have encountered some documents like this where closing Acrobat and then
reopening the document takes care of it, others that no matter what I do I
end up having to use OCR.

You might also want to try manually triggering the Change reading options
dialog, it is found under Edit -> Accessibility -> Change Reading Options
(it should usually appear as part of the document opening process but
sometimes Acrobat skips it even for untagged documents).

On 2/15/17, Nicole Massey <nyyki@gypsyheir.com> wrote:
I'm having a problem with Adobe Acrobat Standard. When I try to access
a document it only gives me the headers and footers of the document.
I've tried several other things, but nothing seems to remedy this
difficulty. I have to access the document in K1000 to get the content,
and since OCR is an inexact process I can't do proofing work for
spelling if I have to take this direction, so it's something of an
issue. This happens to PDF files I was able to access before, and from
a wide array of earlier versions of Acrobat, so it's not a need to
upgrade issue. Any ideas?
I'm running Acrobat 9, Jaws 17, and Windows 7. This is not Acrobat
Reader
--
it's the full version of Acrobat. All of these are updated to current
specifications, too.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com