Re: Acrobat Frustrations

Soronel Haetir

I have encountered some documents like this where closing Acrobat and
then reopening the document takes care of it, others that no matter
what I do I end up having to use OCR.

You might also want to try manually triggering the Change reading
options dialog, it is found under Edit -> Accessibility -> Change
Reading Options (it should usually appear as part of the document
opening process but sometimes Acrobat skips it even for untagged
documents).

On 2/15/17, Nicole Massey <nyyki@gypsyheir.com> wrote:
I'm having a problem with Adobe Acrobat Standard. When I try to access a
document it only gives me the headers and footers of the document. I've
tried several other things, but nothing seems to remedy this difficulty. I
have to access the document in K1000 to get the content, and since OCR is
an
inexact process I can't do proofing work for spelling if I have to take
this
direction, so it's something of an issue. This happens to PDF files I was
able to access before, and from a wide array of earlier versions of
Acrobat,
so it's not a need to upgrade issue. Any ideas?
I'm running Acrobat 9, Jaws 17, and Windows 7. This is not Acrobat Reader
--
it's the full version of Acrobat. All of these are updated to current
specifications, too.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com