Does anyone know the deal with this? I mean, isn't demo JAWS the same as $900 JAWS that just turns off after what, 30 or 40 minutes?

We bought JAWS 9 with the SMA that got us to 11 and we're doing okay for now. I thought of buying the new SMA, but what does that gain for us? We've never called for support after the initial setup all the way from from v.9 to 10 to 11 so I'm not seeing that as a justification, and this is on a desktop machine so it isn't like we need to be mobile-- this is just plugging in a USB cable, right?

What am I missing? We've never tried this because we've always had a paid copy of JAWS and so far we haven't gone past v.11. Just trying to look to the future.

On Nov 3, 2011, at 3:54 PM, Joni Colver wrote:

Dave, the final price was actually closer to $600 than $500 by the time I
paid the sales tax and shipment of the CD/DVD he insisted I had to have. I
saved a few bucks, but I can say unequivocally that there is a huge
difference in performance on the Internet between JAWS 5 and JAWS 12.
People probably don't notice that much of a difference version to version,
but I was limping along and frustrated beyond belief trying to do much
online. I am always a reluctant upgrader, so I need the nudge to do so by
having the SMA.

To the person who suggested that SMA stands for send money again, I got a
kick out of that.

Joni
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farfar on Laptoject: Re: SMA Notice

Joni,

Another way to look at your situation, is in how much money you actually
saved. If you had kept current, going from JAWS 6 through 15 would have been
5 SMA at $120 each for a total of $600. You got current + SMA for $100 less.

So you came out ahead. Congratulations!

Of course I'm not accounting for inflation and the value of the dollar in
all this, but still...