Re: Screen reader access to Windows Edge?

Hello,

At this point and time, none of the VFO Group products officially support Microsoft Edge.
Stay tuned for anounsments soon.
For those of you who come to CSUN, there is a presentation by Eric Damery on JAWS and Microsoft Edge.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 5:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Screen reader access to Windows Edge?

What command do you give for the "touch cursor"?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeff Christiansen
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 8:05 AM

No, touch cursor is what was meant.

I have found that using JAWS or narrator, the best experience with Edge is with the touch cursor not, virtual or PC cursor.

One is able to get an idea using the ladder but touch cursor is the way to go with Edge.

Hth

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Palmer Loux
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 4:13 AM

Do u mean the PC cursor instead of jaws cursor?

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 12, 2017, at 4:58 PM, "Poppa Bear" <heavens4real@gmail.com <mailto:heavens4real@gmail.com> > wrote:

I will See if Dr Denise will put out a video lesson on YouTube for making Edge accessible with JAWS. We talked about it a few months ago but I never got around to setting it up myself. When she brought it up she was pretty excited about it. At this point we primarily use FF as a browser, but it is always best to have at least to browsers and two screen readers and with Microsoft fazing IE out soon it will be good for everyone to start getting a taste of Edge so not to get left behind when IE is no longer supported. I will talk to her in the morning about it and see what she says.

Nate Kile, Assistive Technology Instructor, Alaska Center for the Blind

From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Artur R├Ąpp
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2017 9:15 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

Hi,

JAWS 18 works with Edge but you have to use touch cursor instead of virtual cursor.

Artur

From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2017 12:03 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Screen reader access to Windows Edge?

I have been told that JAWS does not work with Windows Edge, the new Windows 10 Internet browser. If that is correct, does NVDA work with Edge? I am asking because I am on hold waiting for the Microsoft accessibility office to pick up the call, and their hold music includes a frequent advertisement for Edge. If Edge is not accessible, I will tell Microsoft that it is a bit odd to heavily promote an inaccessible Microsoft product, especially on a service heavily intended for screen reader users.

Tim Ford

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.